An alternative to the GED®, NEDP is a great option for busy, self-motivated adults with life experience. Adults completing the NEDP® earn a Branford Adult High School Diploma.
- NEDP is flexible and offers times that can accommodate most busy schedules.
- The curriculum is online, so most of the work is done at home or at a location of your choice when it is convenient for you.
- Meet with an assessor once a week for up to two hours at a mutually convenient time/location, including remotely.
*A limited number of slots are available to those living outside of the four towns we serve.
Attend a Virtual Info Session
- Minimum score of a 236 on the CASAS Goals Reading Test during intake
- Minimum score of a 226 on the CASAS Goals Math Test during intake
- Score of a 3 on the NEDP Writing Diagnostics
Tutoring and Adult Basic Education (ABE) classes are available for those who score below the required minimum in reading, math and writing. These services are provided by our supportive and certified teaching staff. Times and locations will be scheduled on an individual basis.
Class Times & Locations
NEDP is offered virtually at a mutually convenient time for the client and the assessor. In-person meetings at Branford High School or at the Morgan School in Clinton may be requested, but hours are limited.
Tutoring and Adult Basic Education (ABE) classes will be offered:
- Monday/Wednesday from 6-8 pm at Branford High School
- Tuesday/Thursday from 6-8 pm at The Morgan School in Clinton
- Must be 17 years or older.
- Classes are free to residents of Branford, Clinton, Guilford and North Branford.
* There are a limited number of no-cost spaces available for individuals living outside of our four-town region who meet the NEDP eligibility requirements.
You can find more information about NEDP at https://www.casas.org/nedp.
If you would like more information about our high school diploma programs, call our office at 203-488-5693 or email us.