About the GED® Test:
The GED® Test is a timed test delivered on the computer. There are four subject areas:
- Reasoning Through Language Arts – 150 minutes (including 10-minute break before the writing)
- Mathematical Reasoning – 115 minutes (calculator available for most of the test – there are a few questions at the beginning where the calculator is not allowed)
- Science – 90 minutes
- Social Studies – 70 minutes
Registering for the GED® Test
- Create an account at GED.com
- Take and pass all four Official GED Practice Tests™ (there is a fee unless you are in our GED® Preparation program).
- Provide proof of identification and CT residency
- Complete an application in our Branford High School Office at 185 East Main Street
- For Adults ages 21 and older, there is a $13 registration fee
- Shoreline Adult Education is an official GED® Test Center - located at 185 East Main Street inside Branford High School; please call 203-488-5693 to schedule a test.
GED® Preparation Class Eligibility Requirements
- Minimum score of a 236 on the CASAS Goals Reading Test during intake
- Minimum score of a 230 on the CASAS Goals Math Test during intake
- Adult Basic Education (ABE)/Pre-GED® Instruction is also available
About Adult Basic Education (ABE)/Pre-GED®
- Basic reading, writing and/or math instruction for those adults who need a refresher prior to working in a high school completion program
- Instruction is based on individual student needs and is a combination of online and teacher-directed activities
- Academic and career counseling is included in the program
Class Times and Locations for GED® Preparation & ABE/Pre-GED® & Spanish GED®
GED®/ABE (in English) classes will be offered:
Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday from 6-8 pm at Branford High School
Tuesday/Thursday from 6-8 pm at The Morgan School in Clinton
Se ofrecerán clases de GED®/ABE (en español):
Las clases se reúnen los martes de 6 a 8 p.m. en Branford High School y los jueves de 6 a 8 p.m. virtualmente
How to Register
Must be 17 years or older.
Classes are free to residents of Branford, Clinton, Guilford and North Branford.
Individuals outside of our four-town region who require tutoring or ABE instruction may register for our program for a small non-refundable fee of $50 per semester/$75 per year if space in the classroom is available.
If you would like more information about our high school diploma programs, call our office at 203-488-5693 or email us.