These free resources will help you prepare for career advancement. Browse the links below to get started.
We also offer a number of career development and certification courses through our enrichment program.
- O*NET Interest Profiler is a vocational interest assessment. Users start with a quiz and receive an accurate and reliable profile of their passions as they relate to work. This is a useful tool to focus your career search.
- My Next Move is an easy to use interactive tool for job seekers and students to learn about their career options. This site enables users to explore occupations and find related information, including job openings, job outlook information, salaries, apprenticeships and educational/training programs in each state. My Next Move also contains a feature for veterans looking for a civilian career. and provides information in Spanish.
- CTHires helps job seekers to find employment, prepare for recruitment events, explore a career, build a resume, create a virtual job recruiter, view training videos and register for career-focused workshops. Users must set up an account to utilize all the site’s features.
- Connecticut Job Fairs helps job seekers find employment. Learn about the services at each career fair, which companies will be in attendance, reference materials on how to prepare for the event and job hunting tips and videos.
- My Skills My Future connects the user to occupations that require skills and knowledge similar to their current or previous job, and provides opportunities to learn more about these suggested matches, locate local training programs, and/or apply for jobs.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook provides information about the nature of work, working conditions, training and educational programs, earnings and job outlook for hundreds of different occupations.
- Occupations in Demand from the Connecticut Department of Labor helps job seekers find in demand occupations in the state of Connecticut. The site contains information by job title, growth outlook, wages (hourly and annual), education/training courses available and the option to apply for a specific job.