High School Credit Diploma Program
Participants completing the High School Credit Diploma Program will earn a Branford Adult High School Diploma. To earn the diploma, you must earn 22 credits through our teacher-directed or online classes in the following areas:
COVID 19 Update: All classes will begin online and may transition to in-person classes based on guidance from the local school district and the State Department of Education.
- 8 credits in Humanities including:
- English (4 credits)
- Social Studies (3 credits – including 1 credit in American History or US History and 1 credit in Civics or American Government)
- Humanities Elective (1 Credit)
- 7 credits in STEM including:
- Math (4 credits)
- Science (3 credits – including 1 credit in a life science and 1 credit in a physical science)
- 7 credits in Electives* including:
- Transitions to Career & Post-Secondary (2 Credits)
- Free Choice (5 credits)
* The number of elective credits will increase by 1 credit per year until the maximum of 10 elective credits is reached.
SPECIAL NOTE: The above credits can include credits you earned when you attended high school. To include these credits, please have your former high school send us an official transcript.
How to Register
Must be 17 years or older.
Classes are free to residents of Branford, Clinton, Guilford and North Branford.
There are a limited number of no-cost spaces available for individuals living outside of our four-town region who meet the NEDP eligibility requirements.
Individuals outside of our four-town region who require tutoring or ABE instruction may register for our program for a small non-refundable fee of $50 per semester/$75 per year if space in the classroom is available.
If you would like more information about our high school diploma programs, call our office at 203-488-5693 or email us.